Rules for BWaM
March 28, 2008
1. Eligibility: Entries who are at least 14 years of age are eligible to showcase, anyone younger has to come with or their parent or legal guardian. Each entry must have at least one (1) valid e-mail account in order to qualify. Entrants must supply this email address in the “Contact Email” box provided in the online entry form. Through this email address you will receive additional correspondence with BWAM. Failure to provide the correct email address, incorrectly input the correct email address, check your spam folder, etc. is not the responsibility of BWAM (band with a mission) nor will BWAM be held responsible.
2. ENTRIES KEEP 100% OF RIGHTS IN REGARDS TO SONG OWNERSHIP.
3. Selection of bands and artist to sign. (a) BWAM assigned representatives and/or music industry professionals (chosen at the sole discretion of BWAM) will view and base all contractual commitments of all submitted entries on the basis of the following criteria: vocals, stage presence, musicianship, background vocals, song/originality, song writing, marketability and overall performance. Bands/Artists will be notified throughout the year and will begin working on contracts immediately. Note: All who choose to showcase at BWAM and any and all performance events shall do so at their own expense including, but not limited to: travel, lodging, meals, and transportation. Any band/artist that fails to confirm their attendance will be disqualified with no refund. Odds of being signed depend on the number of eligible Entries received. The decision of the industry representatives shall be final and binding. Any entrant that cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or if an entrant fails to comply with any of the provisions of these rules, such entrant’s contract will be forfeited. By accepting the contract, each entrant releases and discharges BWAM, its affiliated companies and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents from any liability or damage due in whole or in part to the award, acceptance, possession, use or misuse or from participation in this showcase. Contracts are not redeemable for cash or substitutable for any other item by entrants. (d) If, for reasons beyond the Sponsor’s, BWAM or both’s control (including, but not limited to, inclement weather, tampering or computer virus infection), the showcase is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the showcase, without liability. Entrants (and parent(s) or guardian(s) of entrants under 21) may be required to execute (and have notarized) a Liability Release which must be returned to and received by Sponsor within sixty (60) business days from entrants receipt if asked to work with a Record Label, Management Company, Booking Agent, etc. Non-compliance with any of these requirements may result in ineligibility. All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this showcase and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for any contract(s) and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. BWAM reserves the right to use any and all promotional material including but not limited to artist bio’s, pictures, songs from past and future in regards to free publicity and promotions for BWAM. BWAM does NOT have permission to sell bios, pictures, or songs.
4. Entrant’s Entry to enter the showcase must register via the BWAM website or send via first class mail (i) a completed submission form (“entry form”) available on the BWAM website and (ii) pay entry fee of $199.00 USD (U.S. Dollar) + $36.00 USD (U.S. Dollar), in exchange for the entry fee you will receive a guaranteed slot to showcase infront of industry reps, a 3 page A&R assessment, and sponsor info with discounted prices to their products and information on how you can become involved with their company. Entry Fee covers: venue rental, sound engineer, & BWAM expenses. Entry fee must be paid in the form of a money order, via Paypal or valid credit card for billing. Such validly and properly submitted Entry Form is hereinafter referred to as an “Entry.” Each submission must not infringe on the rights of any third party or violate the copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party. BWAM’s Web site and mailing addresses are:
http://www.BWAM.com or http://www.bwam.com/
http://www.bandwithamission.com or http://www.bandwithamission.com/
P.O. Box 1418
Franklin, TN 37065
By entering, Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Industry Representatives and these Official Rules and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. BWAM and those working for BWAM, or on the behalf of BWAM, will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or postage due mail or e-mail, or for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays. Entries, which are mutilated, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, are also void. In addition, an entrants performance shall be void if it includes any endorsements or so-called “commercial tie-ins”, or if it contains any material which BWAM deems patently offensive, or which in the judgment of its attorneys, might subject or BWAM’s Licensees to unfavorable regulatory action, violate any law, infringe on the rights of any Person, or subject BWAM or BWAM’s Licensees to liability for any reason. No Refunds For any reason, that includes “our band broke up.” PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE RECEIPT OF YOUR REGISTRATION, CONTACT BWAM AT email@example.com
5. Issues of Law. All Federal, state, and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE TENNESSEE COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE THE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE showcase AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TENNESSE SHALL GOVERN THE showcase. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The showcase is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
6. Your Release of BWAM From Any and All Liability. Entrants agree that Showcase Entities shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from: (i) acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of contract(s) (ii) participation in the showcase (iii) individual, joint or collective technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, computer on-line system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, hardware and/or software, or (iv) any delay or distortion of an Entry resulting from data transmissions that are garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilate, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Each Entrant releases BWAM from any liability in connection with Entrant’s preparation or use of the submitted performance CD, or cassette. Entrant also agrees that the showcase Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the showcase, the Entries and/or contracts. The showcase Entities are not liable for damage to a user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an Entrant’s participation in the showcase or downloading of music or information in connection with the showcase. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the showcase in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the sponsor becomes technically corrupted. BWAM, at its sole discretion, has the right to change, modify, or cancel any talent search sponsor city and date without notification and without liability to BWAM or its affiliated companies and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents.